The next wave in BI
Open Source Primer
- The Open Source promise
- Definitions & licenses
- Development model
- Myths, facts and fables
- Linux versus Windows
Open Source BI Overview
- Business Intelligence introduction
- The 'BI Stack': components & maturity levels
- OS BI Suites: JasperSoft, Pentaho and SpagoBI
- BI Suites in depth
- SpagoBI, JasperSoft and Pentaho (incl. demo!)
- Reporting tools compared
- Eclipse as BI development platform?
- The all-in-one Ingres Icebreaker solution
- Open Source BI compared to MISOS (Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Oracle and SAS)
- Mix & match: using Open Source in a closed source architecture
- Open BI methodologies: Mike 2.0 & Agile data warehousing
Enterprise Performance Management and analytics
- Open Source EPM solutions?
- OLAP, Data mining and statistics
- Planning and budgeting
- OpenOffice as BI tool ?
- Portals & Dashboards
Implementing Open Source BI
- The case for OS BI: When and where to apply Open Source solutions
- Managing risk: OS BI implementation do's and dont's
- BI is never free: how to calculate the TCO for OS BI?
- How about implementation partners, support, tailoring and required skills ?
- Getting started: where to begin and how to proceed?
Summary and conclusions
- Analyst perspectives
- The future of Open Source BI